WINTER TRAINING OVERVIEW
Winter Futuro Program Training Blocks:
Overall Goal: Increase sprint (acceleration) performance and change of direction speed
Block 1: Re-Introduction - January - February ~ 4 week block
- Building off of fall programs
- Focus on generating stiffness in the foot & leg during movement specifically correlated to improving acceleration.
- Building familiar movement patterns; full range of motion strength movements to maximize full acceleration/ power qualities
- Includes focus of both forward and lateral movement patterns.
Block 2: Strength-Speed - February - March ~ 6 week block
- Building off of Block 1: Progress linear acceleration to change of direction braking and acceleration qualities.
- Progress Full body lifts, pushing the athletes ability to lift heavier weights quickly as a foundation for block 3.
Block 2 Testing - Early March
Block 3: Speed-Strength - March - April ~ 6 week block
- Contrast Training: Shift from lifting heavier weight quickly to a focus on speed generation with lighter resistance.
- Increased complexity in speed and change of direction tasks.
- Developing explosive strength and top end speed.
Exit Testing: Mid April"
EXPERIENCE THE SPORT SCIENCE PROCESS
Using the latest in athlete performance testing technology, Each athlete undergoes a robust testing process specific to the sport of track and field. Shortly thereafter, the sport science team provides a detailed report and performance gap analysis to each athlete. Additionally, the sport science team works with athlete data and goals to create a personalized game plan for training.
Once each athlete has tested, the data has been analyzed and game plans produced, the team starts working to build a cutting edge training program that will target specific performance gaps to produce the best possible sport specific results. Our programs aren't based on data but also the latest research and expertise from a multi-disciplinary group of exercise scientists.
Each of our Applied Sport Science Team and Strength and Conditioning Coaches has an undergraduate degree and a min. of 2 yrs of study in a post graduate applied sport sci. field. This ensures that we can identify and respond to athlete needs quickly and with sound clinical reasoning. We are not only passionate about our work but passionate about holding our product to the highest standard in the industry.